Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful for nausea


As I tried to wrap my mind around what was ahead of me in the next 40 weeks I had my hopes but had no idea what really was to come. What I ran into was 3 months of nausea 80% of every single day. I tried my best not to complain. I knew that I wasn't contagious, that it wouldn't go away, it was there all day every day so there is only one thing to do, I had to bare it and keep going.

Im very happy that my husband is patient and emotionally stable for the both of us when I'm not because I had many a breakdown at the end of the night when I had felt nausea for 48 yea 72 hours straight.

Im brought to this moment now December 1, at the beginning of my 15 weeks of pregnancy and here is a new day for me.

Thanksgiving was a week ago and there was a glow, a presence of gratitude for every blessing we have. This gift inside of me was on the top of our list. That day had a special case of a strong stomach with no sickness at all. I was a little suspicious of how great I felt in comparison to the past 14 weeks. I assumed it was due to all of the joy and thanks I was basking in and really wanting it to be constant. I was crossing my fingers but trying not to get my hopes up that the feel good tummy was here to stay. Then came the next day, and the next day and the next day of no sicky!

Oh God, thank you.
I turned a corner and in my second trimester found tummy rest.

There is nothing like being sick for 3 months except not being sick for the first time in 3 months. Im looking back and realizing that being uber sick in the past has made me extreamly thankful for every single moment I have now. When I wake up and Im not sick, oh wow the joy! When I have an appetite for lunch oh yes, such enjoyment! When 6PM comes and Im not pooped, dear Lord this is great!

Hunger, bring it on, exhaustion, no problem, pregnant bran, sure I'll take it with gratitude, I'm sincerely joyous, growing this babe at week 15 is a new level of excitement.

Although the average onlooker may not detect the baby that is the size of an orange, about 4 1/2'' long in my belly, I hope they see a very pleasant happy lady that has all the thanks I could possibly contain.

Happy to be growing you baby W.

Shanda

2 comments:

  1. Hooray baby Wallace. :) Hooray Mama Shanda! Grow that little orange right on into grapefruit. He/She is growing his/her eyelashes next week, what a beauty! Funny you said the relief of not being sick feels so great- the second trimester can be odd because all the shock, sicky or not, sorta calms down. THAT is the time to decorate, travel, relax, play, SLEEP OH SLEEEEP, and enjoy your man! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope He/She will be healthy, you know guys Nausea is a major symptoms of morning sickness, but there are natural ways to stop morning sickness.

    ReplyDelete