Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving November 26, 2009



This Thanksgiving is much different than any other, this year I'm married to the man I always wanted and sharing this holiday with my partner in life is a great joy.

As if that's not enough at the moment I'm at my Dad and Leslie's house with my best friend on my side and a baby in my belly (which is pretty much showing.)

Lets go there...

October 11, after vomiting on our way to church, we decided to finally take "the test." At this point some of family and close friends behind my back already had "the knowing" so it wasn't a surprise to some of them but for Jared and I, our positive pregnancy test was a wonderful surprise.

Some of my favorite announcement moments;

On our way to having dinner with great friends of ours Claire and Jordan Griffin, Jared and I had decided to tell our parents that night that we were expecting. We hadn't said a word to a soul of our news. We were at the Griffins house a total of 15 min, I even poured myself a decoy glass of wine, when Claire looks me in the face and says "your pregnant aren't you."

On our way to my parents after dinner we stopped at the grocery store to find a balloon that says "baby." We get to my parents around 9pm and ring the door bell with our balloon awkwardly hid behind my back. My Dad comes to the door and we ask for Leslie to come down, "the THREE of us have something we want to talk about." My dad looked at me like we were crazy, he didn't get it, and went up stairs to tell Les we wanted to talk. We asked them to sit on the couch and we presented them with our baby balloon! Les said "Yay, I knew it!" She had even told her mom my Nana the week before about her suspicion of our pregnancy.

The very next day my friend Georgeanna texted me "I had a dream last night that you were pregnant."

The wonderful thing to me about these "announcements" is that the Lord was totally loving me in these moments. As we were surprised about our baby news He gave me assurance. I loved Him for that.

This Thanksgiving it is so very easy to be thankful. I'm full of gratitude. I have family that I love and am loved by and we are growing by the moment. I have friends that are provision to my soul and a presence of peace and grace that I could never put a price on.

Shanda

3 comments:

  1. Shanda & Jared, I'm SO, SO, happy for you both. You are going to be awesome parents and mentors to our new baby. Yes. I said OUR. lol I can't wait to get to share your bundle of joy with you. I love you so much. ~~ (Great) Aunt Debbie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful love story~ I am so happy for you, that you have found the love of your life...and that you are adding to our family! Grow baby Wallace~ Grandmomma cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete